Tuesday, January 8, 2013

The Holidays


The holidays were extra special this year.  Taylor was much more in tune with what was going on.  The trip to Disneyland at Thanksgiving really helped our boy become more aware of everything around him.  He is not shy about try his ABCs or 123s.  He had a great time opening presents this year.  It took over four hours for him to open most of his gifts as he kept getting overwhelmed.  At one point he locked himself in his room, without any toys, and did not come out for an hour.

On December 21st I re-released my first two novels in my book series The Guardian Chronicles along with the third installment.  That has taken up a considerable amount of time, so big thank you to my ever patient wife Debbie for putting up with the book work.  The amount of work required is something that no one can understand unless you are the one doing it.  So, I really appreciate her patience with my book dream.

The new year is already started and life is full of possibilities.  I cannot remember what it was like when the new year rolled around and nothing major or significant happened.  Alas, change comes whether we are ready for it or not.  We are hopeful that 2013 will be a great year for our little family.

We are excited that my parents are moving to Utah either this spring or summer.  I know how hard this move is for them as they have lived in Colville, WA forever.  Utah will definitely be a change of pace for them, however, I am happy to see that they will be able to be retired finally and be able to enjoy it.  I know that Taylor is super excited to have them around.

One thing I will try to be better about is posting this year.  I want to share Taylor's progress with everyone.  He is truly amazing and we are certainly blessed to have him in our lives.  We must have done something right at some point to be entrusted with him.  He has the biggest personality and is trying hard every day to express himself with not just his actions, but with his words.

We want to thank everyone who helps our little man out.  I want to thank Shauna and Diane for being willing to watch Taylor during sacrament meeting on Sundays.  I know he really enjoys that time each week.  We are so thankful for his teacher at school, the bus driver and his assistant.  We are also thankful to his new Sunbeam teachers and his assigned helper Mike Bitton.  You all do not know how much your assistance means.  We hope that you are all blessed for helping our son!

No comments: